Understanding the Law


Workers Compensation Insurance FAQs

Workers' compensation is an insurance cover that provides compensation for employees that get injured at the workplace. It is a compulsory cover in all Australian workplaces. Below are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about workers' compensation insurance.  What Does Workers' Compensation Cover?  Workers' compensation insurance covers your employees. I

The Problem of Undue Influence and Will Drafting

When a close family member passes away, you might assume that you will be named as a beneficiary in their will. It can be surprising to learn that this was not the case, and it can be distressing if you suspect that undue influence was used in the creation of the will in question. But what does this really mean, and do you have grounds to contest the will? Manipulatio

Ways In Which A Wills and Estates Lawyer Can Help You

A will is a legally binding document that outlines how you want your belongings to be distributed upon your demise. A will enables you to provide for your dependents, among other things. The intricacies involved with drafting and executing a will are complex and require the assistance of a professional with legal expertise in the field. Here are some ways a wills and

What Do You Need to Know About Filing an Injunction?

In the world of business and commerce, disputes will frequently arise. Often, it is possible to settle these disputes without any duress, but sometimes, third-party intervention is necessary. If you are in this position currently, what do you need to know about injunctions, and should you pursue one? Getting Relief In the legal world, an injunction is typically ordere

Understanding Wills and Estates

For you to be able to leave a will, which is a document that indicates how your property or estate is supposed to be distributed after you die, you need to know various things: Have You Met These Qualifications? You should be: at least 18 years of sound mind and soberness (sometimes, especially if you are in hospital, a qualified doctor may be appointed to assess you